How to Subscribe to Faith Capo’s Sermons in iTunes
These instructions assume you have already set up an iTunes account and downloaded iTunes to your pc. If you need help doing this, please visit http://www.apple.com/itunes/ and click on the blue Download link to get the latest version of iTunes. This document refers to iTunes version 10.6.
Once you have iTunes installed, you can tell iTunes to look for the sermons from our website. All the sermons are listed in the following file: http://www.faithcapo.com/audio.xml. This is basically a “url” or an address on the internet that tells iTunes where to find a list of sermons as well as the actual .mp3 file containing the sermon. This file is updated every time a new sermon is posted. So if you tell iTunes to keep checking for updates you only have to set upthe “feed” once and iTUnes will do the rest.
Below are the steps to “tell” iTunes that you want it to subscribe to our iTunes podcast feed. This is techie language for the same process described above. Here is how you do this:
- Open up iTunes by clicking on the icon that is set up on your desktop when you installed it.
- Across the top left of the opened iTunes window, select the “Advanced” menu item.
- Within the drop-down list that appears, select “Subscribe to Podcast”. A small window pops open expecting a “url”. This is where you type the address of the file holding all the sermons: http://www.faithcapo.com/audio.xml . Then click “OK”.
- iTunes will get busy finding that file on our website and download the latest sermon.
- If you would like ALL items downloaded to your iTunes, there is a small button at the top of the window which says “Get All”. If you click on this button, iTunes will get ALL the items that exist in that feed file. This is how you can get all the sermons from our website.
- To make sure that you get the latest sermon each week, do the following:
- click on the name of the podcast to select it. This is usually an icon to the left of the list.
- Then at the bottom of the window click on the button that says “Settings”. A small window pops up with a list box at the top next to the words “Check for new episodes”. The first item on the listbox should say “Every Day” and if not, click on the listbox until a list appears and then click on the line that says “Every Day”. (Note, if you don’t want iTunes to check every day, select the setting you prefer).
- You can also ensure you are changing these settings for the correct podcast by selecting “Audio” (or whatever name is used for the new feed) in the next drop down list.
- When you are done, click on the “OK” button at the bottom of the popup window and it will close automatically.
I hope you found this helpful. If you have further questions about this iTunes feed, please contact us at
In His Service,